What is personal data?
Personal data is information (including opinions) which relates to an individual and from which he or she can be identified either directly or indirectly through other data which the studio has or is likely to have in its possession.
Who we are
We are George and James Architect Ltd. Our website address is: www.georgeandjames.co.uk
George and James Architects Ltd is the Data Controller of the personal data we process and therefore is responsible for ensuring our systems, processes, suppliers and people comply with data protection laws in relation to the information we handle.
All employees must abide by this policy when handling personal data and must take part in any required data protection training. Any breach will be taken seriously and may result in disciplinary action.
Simon Drayson, Director, oversees compliance with data protection laws and our policy.
- visitors to our website
- people that we provide a service to e.g. our clients and contractors
- people who contact us to enquire about our services
- people we work with e.g. consultants and collaborators
- people that provide us with a service e.g. suppliers and sub-consultants
- job applicants and employee
How we collect your data
We may collect your data in a number of ways, including:
- when you contact us in relation to our services or employment
- when you provide information to us as part of our service to you
- when you provide information to us as part of your service to us
- when a third party, such as a recruitment agency, provides your contact information to us
- when you visit our website via google analytics and cookies.
What personal data we collect
Information that we collect may include:
- Contact details if you subscribe to our mailing list (eg. your name, email address, phone number, job title)
- Personal data obtained and created in relation to providing architectural or interior design services.
- Personal data relating to our employees and sub-consultants.
- Personal data if you apply for a job with us, including information provided by referees.
Who we share your data with
We may share your data with sub-contractors and collaborators; you will be notified if this is required during the delivery of our services.
And we may share your Data if and as required by law.
How we use your personal information
We use this data to provide our services to you, to operate our business, and to maintain records of our company’s activities.
Your data is held securely at all times.
Disclosure of data
- May be transferred internationally to service providers who support the operation of the business.
- stored within the practice’s information systems and within third party software applications and services which have been procured to support the operation of the business
- which is shared with service providers will be limited to that which is required for providing the service and will be adequately protected;
- will not be given to other third parties without express permission, or unless we are legally compelled to do so.
Personal data relating to our employees, sub-contractors and collaborators:
- May be transferred to clients, and to service providers who support the operation of our business;
- Stored within the businesses information systems and within third party software applications and services which have been procured to support the operation of the HR function;
- Transferred to other third parties such as our insurers, legal and other professional advisors, regulators, administrators and government departments, who may be acting as data controllers;
- Shared with the Studios clients for the purposes of tendering for or providing architectural or interior design services.
Information security is a key element of data protection. The studio takes appropriate measures to secure personal data and protect it from loss or unauthorised disclosure or damage
We also utilise appropriate technological measures to transmit large or sensitive documents or data to clients and other third parties. However, we cannot be held responsible for the security of correspondence sent by e-mail, fax or post and or courier.
Transfer of Data
We use a number of suppliers in connection with the operation of our studio and they may have access to the personal data we process. For example, an IT supplier may see our personal data when providing software support, or a company which we use for event management may process contacts’ personal data for us. When contracting with suppliers and or transferring personal data to a different jurisdiction, the studio takes appropriate steps to ensure that there is adequate protection in place and that the principles are adhered to.
Your right to access data we hold
You have the right to access any data we hold on you at any time. We only hold this information in order to provide services as stated above, but we recognise that it is your right to request access to this data at any time.
Should you require access to data we hold on you, please contact the business Directors in writing and we will respond accordingly.